Tuesday 9 February 2021

Memory Tuesday

Day 328...

And we have a Tuesday once more!

Into work for me this morning and it was a pretty standard few hours with the usual emails, banking and then sorting the next lot of invoices ready for distributing at the end of the week.

As I had the afternoon off I thought I would stop by my dads house as I've not seen him for a couple of weeks. He'd had a bit of an accident in his car at the end of last week and thankfully he wasn't hurt but I think his pride may have been knocked a little. But nothing that can't be fixed it just means he's without transport for a few weeks while the car gets repaired, which just means he needs to ask for help when he needs it - easier said than done!

When I got home, and with a freshly brewed coffee in hand, I caught up on a few of my own emails and a few work ones too! Before we rounded out the day with a little 'gym' session; Simon was very brave and ventured out into the absolutely freezing garage to lift weights while I stayed in the warmth of the living room and rolled about for a bit!

So today Facebook memories rolled around and really brought home the difference a year can make and how we find ourselves living at the moment. One year ago today we were attending Dr Sketchy's in Nottingham in a pub with actual people - oh how times have changed! Dr Sketchy's is a life drawing class that combines art and burlesque; an afternoon of poses, drawing and entertainment. These are run once every few months and after being a little unsure about attending (I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination!) I now thoroughly enjoy them as it's my little foray into Simon's artistic world and something that we can enjoy together. I can't believe it has been a full year since we last got chance to do this. We have attended some online 'virtual' Dr Sketchy's but it's really not the same and I can't wait till we can get back to doing them in person.

Another memory that popped up was from two years ago, from when we went to see White Lies in concert and had VIP passes which meant that we got to see the band complete their sound check and we got to meet with them, chat and have our photo taken. One of the best nights EVER...love this band so much and was thrilled to get the chance to meet them. Here's me looking rather pleased with myself...

...ah take me back...I miss concerts! I am so thankful that over the course of 2019 we were able to see White Lies twice in concert, here in the February and again in the December as well as seeing one of my other all time favourite bands, She Wants Revenge, in the August of that year. So glad we made the most of those opportunities and if this past year has taught us anything it's to grab the chances as they come along as you might never get the chance otherwise.

I will leave it there for todays post, take care out there.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment