Thursday 25 February 2021

Thursday Again

Day 344...

So Thursday is my other 'non-working' day of the week and it was a good job I didn't have to be anywhere as I struggled to get up this morning.

My morning was very domestic chores focused. I set up the slow cooker with a Beef Bourguinon for dinner this evening; got a couple of washing loads done and then had a good clean around.

When Simon broke for lunch we took a walk out over the fields which while still muddy were not quite as squelchy as they have been of late. We managed two miles in forty minutes.

The afternoon saw a little online shopping as I organised another butchers delivery for next week, numerous pots of coffee made to keep me and the boys going and a little TV time with another episode of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel watched.

I received a letter today advising me of a follow-up hospital appointment, to be conducted over the phone. It is now two years ago that I had my first ever routine mammogram which resulted in a diagnosis of breast cancer followed by surgery and radiotherapy. Since then I had my first annual mammogram back in June (which was delayed a few months because of COVID) followed up by a phone consultation with a view to a face-to-face appointment six months later. But as the pandemic response is still ongoing it would appear that I will have to suffice with another phone consultation.

The day was rounded out with a recording session for the podcast I co-host, the Disney Dream Girls. Michelle and I spoke with our guest Len Testa, from Touring Plans, and chatted about ways to improve the transportation offerings at Walt Disney World.

And now it is time to thank my past self for setting up the slow cooker this morning as I can now enjoy Beef Bourguinon without any effort and only the minimal amount of washing up!

Take care out there,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment