Thursday 11 February 2021

Thermals Needed Thurday

Day 330...

Well it's been a Thursday and it's been a rather cold one!

First job of the day was to venture outside and open the gates as I was expecting a delivery and to throw a little salt down on one of our paths, the one I had slipped on yesterday. We have an elderly neighbour who has not long had a hip replacement and I wanted to make sure it was safe for her to venture out.

The morning was spent doing a little housework and then some podcast research. When lunchtime rolled around we wrapped up warm and headed out for a walk. It was a very cold but beautifully bright, sunny day. We did two and a half miles in about 48 minutes and despite the layers my hands were frozen by the time we got home. 

The afternoon was split into two halves; the first half was spent watching some home movies. Simon is making good progress through our old Video 8 tapes and it is my job to watch the digitised version to make sure the video has been captured correctly and that the play back is of a good enough quality.

Simon has always been very good at taking bits of video over the years and while at the time of recording I was perhaps not that impressed with the camera pointing at me, but to be able to look back and remember is really quite special. The video I have watched today was when I was pregnant with our first child. We have video of grandparents and great-grandparents being told of my pregnancy, of getting things ready for the new arrival, talking about going for scans and my bump getting progressively bigger. Precious moments that have been captured for all time simply because Simon could be bothered to get the camera out. We now have our own little bit of history to share with those around us and the chance to remember those who are no longer with us.

The second half of my afternoon was then spent chatting with my good friend Michelle as we settled down to record this weeks Disney Dream Girls podcast; a bit of Disney news, history and a romantic look at Disney couples...well it is being released on Valentines Day!

Unfortunately the day ended with some very sad news with the passing of one of our Disney friends, someone who I had only gotten to know this year through the podcast and our Disney quizzes. My heart goes out to his partner and family and hope that the memories that they have created will keep them strong.

Wherever you are tell those you care about you love them and take care.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment