Friday 15 October 2021

Day 576

Day 576...

And we have reached the end of the working week for me and it was a Friday. And a Friday with a full day in work.

So as all my Fridays in work are I have a day split between a morning 'working the floor' which means having direct interactions with the children which most of my working week does not usually have. I then had an hour or so to catch up on any admin bits that I could. We have an old mobile phone that I was attempting to upgrade to a sightly less old phone and as always with technology things take longer than you expect them to. I managed to get the new 'old phone' working but then discovered that all the contacts were not saved to the SIM card but to the phone memory which means that I am probably going to have to manually input them all...whoop! Although I have had another couple of ideas which might get us round the issue but that will now be a job for later next week.

I have a busy few days coming up at work as we enter the last week before our mid-term break. Lots of registers to sort, invoices to issue, wages to pay, contracts to amend, funding data to input and accounts to produce as well as a lot of other bits and pieces. It's going to be a busy last week at work.

Getting home I had just enough time to change out of my work clothes, down a few mouthfuls of coffee and scoff one of Molly's snickerdoodle cookies that she'd made yesterday before heading out the door. Me, Molly and her fella, Dan, headed over to a local second hand car dealer to look at a car that we'd found online.

As Molly had passed her test on Monday and has plans to move in with her fella she now needs a car to get all her plans into place. The car we had found was at the top end of her budget but the insurance was one of the lower quotes she had been able to get. It is a fun little car; bright colour, retractable roof, snazzy seats and more. And although we weren't able to get the price down any further we are pretty pleased with the deal we have got as there has been work done to the car recently that should keep it going for a while yet. So with a deposit left this evening we just have the insurance to sort before collecting it tomorrow afternoon! All very exciting!

When I finally arrived home for a second time today it was straight onto the laptop to chat with my fellow podcast co-host, Michelle, to record this weeks Disney Dream Girls show. We had missed a week last week because we both lead such busy lives so it was nice to chat and reconnect over some Disney chatter.

And while I chatted Molly did some prep work for dinner so that as soon as I finished recording I could start cooking...and while the keto moussaka is cooking in the oven I have used the time to write this blog...now that is multi-tasking!

See you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment