Monday 31 December 2012

Goodbye 2012 and Hello 2013

As we get ready to see the old year out and the new one in I thought I would take the time to reflect and look forward.

After a couple of years mulling over various ideas 2012 saw me finally pluck up the courage to get my very own blog up and going.  My chance to share with all of you my thoughts about Disney, my vacation planning journey and my adventures into the world of running!

And talking of running, 2012 saw me put on a pair of trainers and get out for a run - well more like jog-walk-jog! - but after a shaky start back in April I eventually built up to a 25 minute run (about 2 miles), which I was really rather pleased about.  However, the onset of cold (and very wet) weather plus dark nights has seen my running come to a stop...but only a temporary one, I am determined that 2013 will see me out and about again.  Now armed with cold weather running gear (thanks Simon!) I have no excuses and need to get back out there and get moving - I shall keep you informed of my endeavours.

The power of Disney and the internet has opened up a 'whole new world' this year and introduced me to new people, new friends and new communities, for which I am very grateful.  It is good to know that there are so many people out there that have the same silly obsession as I do :)

So as we look forward to 2013 I already have a few things planned - a WDW Radio UK Fan Group meet up, friends getting married and as from tomorrow I will be able to say 'this year I'm going to WDW', so lots to look forward to and plan for, bring it on!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment