Wednesday 5 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas - Day 5

5th December

So one of my favourite ways to get in the Christmas mood is to snuggle down on the sofa, with drinks and nibbles and watch Christmas movies.  Now I'm not fussy which movies I watch as long as there is a Christmas theme, which can mean sitting through some rather cheesy productions ;)

But my two favourite Christmas movies are two old classics; my first is White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye - just love this movie...oh and when they have the performance for the General I cry every time.  My second is 'It's a Wonderful Life' with James Stewart, I remember Simon introducing me to this film not long after we met (a lot of years ago!!) and fell in love with it as much as Simon had already, it's compulsory viewing in our house now!  We also have a copy of the movie poster hanging in our house, that we bought from the then Disney-MGM Studios at WDW a number of years ago!


My Christmas DVD/Blu-ray collection is fairly extensive....


and of course in amongst all these are a number of Disney ones!

At pre-school today we had a little television time, a quiet time for the children just after their lunch, and clearly the DVD we had playing wasn't grabbing their attention so I started to ask the children what they liked to watch at home.  After the usual children's television programs were mentioned one of the children mentioned Tinkerbell, then someone else said Cinderella and before you knew it I think we'd mentioned every Disney classic!  So the children, knowing my little Disney obsession, gave me a task...to bring in one of my Disney DVD's...a suitably Christmas themed one...


So I think Mickey may be the way to go but which one to choose?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment