Monday 2 May 2022

Day 775

Day 775...

Well today has been a bank holiday Monday and for some reason it has felt more like a Sunday!

I think because Simon and I don't work Mondays ordinarily we just take a Monday as it comes but because Ethan was around today as he was off work I think it threw us off our routine!

But after a very slow and steady start to the day and despite the grey, and at times rather ominous looking, clouds we decided to set about a walk in the countryside. It was a little chillier than I would have liked and we set off armed with umbrellas just in case the weather turned on us. But off we went and 2.3 miles later in a time of 49 minutes we arrived at our destination of choice a local cafe called The Cowshed. We refreshed ourselves with a coffee before meandering back home in a slightly faster time of 48 minutes!

By then it was mid-afternoon and we had a few odd jobs to do around the house. There was a little touch-up of paintwork needed where we'd installed two new wall lights a couple of days ago. I then decided that I'd better get the ironing done as my plans for this coming week have gone a little sideways and I realised that the time that I thought I would have had during the week I no longer had - if that makes sense?! Suffice to say I should have been working from home this coming week but due to unfortunate circumstances I will now be in work.

We got a message from Molly to let us know that one of their neighbours had passed away. Dan had been quite close to him as he would often help Dan out around the house and had kind of taken Dan under his wing. Such a shame and so sad to hear that he'd lost his battle with cancer. Not sure what's happening at the moment as we seem to have experienced too many deaths around us in a very short space of time.

The day was rounded out with a little online retail shopping as I have a number of birthdays coming up this month...I have a few very good friends as well as both Simon and Molly's birthdays to sort!

See you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment