Wednesday 9 February 2022

Day 694

Day 694...

Today was an unexpected Wednesday at home.

As Simon was working we were up and about at our usual time and I was on standby to go off in search of some rugs for pre-school. One of the team had seen a post on Facebook where a local group had a supply of children's rugs they were giving away for free that would be great for pre-school. As it turned out my services were not needed as my team member had contacted the group direct and they were happy to put a couple of rugs to one side for us for her to pick up at the end of the day.

I then had some online research to do. First it was time to look up some Disney related facts ahead of a podcast recording session later on in the afternoon. We were talking about some Disney history as well as looking forward to the upcoming Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. I'm sure this festival gets longer every year as this year it starts at the beginning of March and goes all the way until early July!

I also wanted to look at electric charging point locations. We have the route to see Molly and Dan in Bournemouth all sorted now but I am wanting to book my next tattoo session and my tattoist of choice is about 50 miles away. Now in theory a round trip should be perfectly doable but knowing where charging stations are located would give me peace of mind. But when using Zap Map to look up the route it would appear that whilst there are loads close to home that's not the case for the town I need to get to! There are a few charging points but they are located within work places or car dealerships and therefore only for the use of their workforce and customers. There are a few locations 'en route' which would have to be our back-up locations. I'm hoping that as the weather warms up we see an improvement in the battery life as that would then be in our favour!

Next job of the morning was to get the ironing all sorted; not a very exciting job but one that needed doing. Knowing that Simon would be breaking for lunch around 12.30pm I grabbed thirty minutes to make a bit more jigsaw progress before we put our boots on for a lunchtime walk. We had a slightly longer route than normal as I needed to drop something into a post box which meant we walled 2.9 miles in 54 minutes.

This afternoon I decided that a walk at lunchtime wasn't enough exercise for the day and jumped on the exercise bike for 45 minutes of zone two training while I watched a couple more episodes of The World According to Jeff Goldblum.

Armed with a coffee I grabbed the last bit of decent daylight and completed my jigsaw!

The question is now which one to do next...I have three to choose from.

Then it was time to record a couple of Disney Dream Girls podcast episodes with my good friend Michelle. We managed a show for this coming Sunday as well as another twenty minutes for our Patreon supporters. And while I chatted Simon managed his forty five minutes on the exercise bike...we should sleep well tonight!

Well with dinner out the way there is only one thing left for today...the final episode of The Book of Boba Fett! Fingers crossed it matches the quality of the last couple of episodes.

See you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment