Wednesday 8 December 2021

Day 630

Day 630...

Thursday...a day of work both in work and at home and a day when our government decided to adopt their 'plan b'...FFS!!

And to be honest as I'm writing this at the end of the day and just after the announcement regarding our 'plan b' I am feeling rather despondent and not really in the mood for writing.

I started this blog way back when to talk about my love of Disney and then it expanded into my passion for living a low carb lifestyle. Then in March 2020 as this strange and scary virus started to change our lives and we were put into the first lockdown I decided to keep a diary to catalogue what being in lockdown was like, little did I know back then that I would still be writing this at day 630!

I've kept writing because even when restrictions were lifted life never went completely back to normal, never went back to the way we used to conduct ourselves back in 2019 and over the 630 days my thoughts and opinions have changed. I have challenged the information that has been fed to us, tried to do my own research and listen to people that appear to know what they are talking about, who are not afraid to go against the narrative and who actually talk common sense.

So we are now being asked to 'mask up' in most places but not in hospitality. We are being asked to work form home 'if you can'. We are being told to get our boosters because the vaccines are working so well that we now need more to keep us topped up! Oh and by the way from next week you'll need to show your 'papers' to get into certain types of venue. And then the icing on the cake is 'we should have a conversation about mandatory vaccines'!! What the actual?

I really don't know where to start...we don't have mandatory vaccines for anything else so why this? We have boosters because the first round of shots aren't working (or lasting) that well so why would I put what is in effect an untested vaccine (as we are the test subjects) into my body again if it's not working and I'm going to need even more later on. Masks have been proven to have little if any effect so again what is the point and please explain how the virus knows not to infect you when you are sitting down and either eating or drinking? And how is it that those countries that have instigated much stricter restrictions than us with masks everywhere and vaccine passports are all seeing record numbers of cases...as this implies that these type of restrictions have no impact on cases.

And why are we still reacting in fear to a virus that has a death rate that is lower than that of seasonal flu?

I simply don't know anymore, but I do know that I don't like it, I don't like our freedoms being eroded and I just want my 2019 life back please.

See you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment