Wednesday 1 December 2021

Day 623

Day 623...

Ah the beginning of December and the countdown to Christmas, so that can only mean one thing...Hotel Chocolat Advent calendar time. That time of year when it becomes acceptable to have chocolate at breakfast...dark chocolate in my case of course!


We have the middle of the working week and yet again I have been in work for a full day rather than my usual half a day. With a member of staff off sick I was needed to work the afternoon shift as cover.

It was a pretty standard day at work for me; lots of admin to catch up with, lots of banking, lots of emails and then the organising of all our Christmas activities.

Last night Simon had very kindly transferred our Christmas concert music, that Molly had put together for us, from my laptop onto one of the pre-school i-pads. Today we were able to test it all out and thankfully it all worked perfectly. I was also able to update pre-school's Spotify account with my Christmas playlist called Xmas-a-go-go...a mix of classic Christmas songs with some pop, some Disney and some RuPaul...suffice to say an eclectic mix.

This afternoon I decided to update our safeguarding policy as we had been issued with a newer version. Our policy is around 50+ pages and so I started out comparing the existing policy to the newer version, flipping between two tabs on the laptop...not the easiest or quickest but thankfully all the changes were in red. Initially I was able to update it all rather quickly but the further I got into the document the more red appeared; it was no longer a simple amend and move on, it was now entering re-write territory! But time was not on my side and so I quickly made a note of how far I'd gotten before packing everything away and heading home.

It was on the drive home that I hatched a plan as to how I could create the policy document I needed that would be a lot easier and hopefully less time consuming. So with a fresh pot of coffee brewed I set about my new plan and in about two hours I had re-wrote the whole document and had actually split it into two distinct, and easier to read, documents. And while that hadn't been my intention I knew that sitting at home in the quiet and being undisturbed meant it had gotten done a lot quicker than had I attempted it at work.

But this did mean that my day was now done and so with that I will say see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment