Sunday 20 June 2021

Day 459 - Father's Day

Day 459...

Sunday has rolled around and it was Father's Day and I had completely forgot...thank goodness the kids were on the ball.

To be fair I hadn't completely forgot as I had chatted with the kids about it and at pre-school we had been making Father's Day cards but having been so busy the last few days I'd forgotten that it was happening today!

I then got a message from one of my staff to let me know that they were poorly and wouldn't be able to come into work tomorrow. This means that I will have to work tomorrow when normally Monday is my day off; this in turn meant that the plans we had for today and into tomorrow needed to be re-jigged.

This meant the first job of the day was to take the car full of rubbish to our local recycling centre for the second day in a row. We saw the same guys working that we'd seen yesterday and today we had a chat about tattoos as one of them noticed my Disney sleeve. They were interested to know how long it had taken and I think were quite surprised when I told them how many hours it had taken. One of the guys had a small tattoo and he swore he was never going to have another as it had hurt so much. Turned out it was done by a cousin of a friend...mmm so not someone who knew what they were doing which was very evident by the state of the tattoo he showed me!

Once we had emptied the car we stopped by my dad's house on the way home to wish him a 'Happy Father's Day'. We spent a little time there, had a coffee, I helped make his bed and added a few bits to my weekly grocery shop for him. On an upbeat note he is hoping to get his repaired car back either this week or next and one evening this week he is going out for a meal with his gym buddies to celebrate one of them turning 80!

It was then back home and I had the ever so exciting job of updating my online grocery shop while Simon started building one of the cupboards we'd bought for the garage. Once my shopping was done I decided to clean the inside of the car that had been used to visit the local recycling centre the last few days as it was rather dusty and dirty and needed a good hoover out. I was then able to help Simon assemble the cupboard and a work bench he had ordered...well I say help but all I did was to make another coffee as Simon had managed to complete both all by himself.

We then set about building the second cupboard but as we unpacked all the pieces we found the section that made the top of the cupboard to have a massive crack and corner section all broken. So this now has to be returned or refunded which meant that we had to figure out how to re-pack all the bits we had already unpacked...it only took us about half an hour, and a fair bit of swearing, to figure it out!

And by then it was time to cook dinner and the day was done although it still feels like we have more to do but it will have to wait until another day.

Take care.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment