Thursday 24 March 2022

Day 737

Day 737...

Well it's a little late in the day as I start to write this blog post so it might have to be short and sweet!

It was another full day in work for me as myself and my deputy manager plodded our way through yet more transition of my job role. We had lots of varied things to look at today from wages to cash flow to contracts to emails and the list could go on.

The aim at the moment is for the handover of my role to be complete by the end of May. At that point I will step away from work but be retained on kind of a 'consultancy' basis until the end of July. This means that should I be needed I would be able to go in to work and provide assistance and guidance.

Going further forward I have agreed to stay involved with the pre-school and remain as part of their committee. As a small charity the pre-school is guided by a committee made up of volunteer parents and staff so I will be able to provide my insight and guidance from afar and help ensure the longevity of the pre-school that I have helped nurture over the past twenty years.

I had a quick stop at home for a catch-up with Simon and a coffee before nipping out to see a friend as her husband had very kindly donated a few items from his business for pre-school's upcoming Easter raffle. It was lovely to see her, to catch-up and sit out in the sunshine as it has been a lovely, bright and warm day!

Back home I had a couple of small work related jobs to get done before Simon finished work for the day and we headed down the gym. Although our 'warm-up' today was a little unusual as it involved breaking up a very larger cardboard box into smaller pieces to fit into our recycling bin. We had taken delivery today of a filing cabinet for our new study/craft room and consequently had a lot of cardboard to dispose of!

And that was my Thursday, time to stop I think so I will see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment