Tuesday 1 September 2020

Last Day of Summer Break

Day 167...

So today was the last day of my Summer break from preschool and the day started off with a little preschool admin - doh!

To be fair I wanted to sort out all my bits and pieces that I have had at home and that now need to go back to preschool so that getting out the house tomorrow morning will be straight forward. I had a phone call from our uniform supplier wanting to arrange delivery of some stock today but they had realised we weren't open until tomorrow, which resulted in me agreeing to an 8.30am drop off tomorrow!!

I then had a few emails to deal with, registers to update and a little bookkeeping work to complete which thankfully, didn't take me too long.

It was then off to the post office with the last of the current batch of Ebay sales before sitting outside in the sunshine enjoying a well earned coffee.

My aim was to take the afternoon off and I did pretty well. I was able to spend most of it sat outside, topping up my vitamin D, drinking coffee and either chatting with Molly via WhatsApp or reading my latest downloaded book - The 21 Day Immunity Plan by Dr Aseem Malhotra. 
My position for most of the afternoon
New reading material
I then geeked out a little as I decided to tweet about what I was reading and Dr Aseem only went and liked my tweet and then retweeted it! Argh!!! By the end of the day my tweet had been liked 26 times and retweeted 7 times!! Wow...and from what I've read so far it's going to be a good read. I think a lot of it will echo most of what we already do but I love to be able to read and learn more about what we can do to be as healthy as we can.

Simon took an hour out at lunchtime to drop some paperwork off at the letting agents but more importantly he has had his first post-lockdown hair cut!! He hadn't been in any rush to get his hair cut and had decided instead to let it grow so that he could opt for a different style. So no more hat wearing as he is now all refreshed, smart and stylish! Here are the before photos...

...and the after photos...


And today was rounded out with a visit to the gym...aka our garage and it was the first time in a few weeks for me as we have been so busy of late. It was really good to be back at it and I need to get back on it!

That was today and tomorrow is back to work...just staff tomorrow and then we open to children the day after!

Take care out there, keep your distance and wear a mask
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment