Thursday 23 April 2020

Day 36

Day 36...

Today has involved quite a lot of podcasting; I started off doing some research, which always takes longer than you think, and then spent a couple of hours this afternoon chatting with Michelle to record a couple of segments for our Disney Dream Girls podcast. And between us we even managed to master technology and use Zoom so we could actually see each other which was lovely. We're hoping to use Zoom in the future to 'meet up' with some 'friends' of the show.
Recording time
We took another walk out around the neighbourhood at lunch time racking up another couple of miles in 40 minutes and after initially seeing loads of people around where we wanted to walk we seemed to avoid all of them and ultimately came across hardly anyone.

I managed to finish reading Dr Shawn Baker's The Carnivore Diet this afternoon and would recommend it to anyone who wants to know more about the correct diet that we should all be eating. This really does highlight how eating meat is what our bodies were designed to do and how beneficial it is for all of us to be consuming animal products. At a time in our history when a disease is causing so much pain and suffering it seems a perfect time to look long and hard at what we put into our bodies and how that affects us. I want to be in the best physical shape that I can manage, I want to be healthy and have the best chance of fighting off anything horrid that may come my way. Building up our bodies ability to fight off illness has never been more important. I have now started reading Ted Naiman's The P:E Diet; I know that Simon is really interested in this approach to eating and training so thought I would read this at the same time as Simon is reading it so we can learn about it together.

Having adopted a low carb/keto diet almost 6 years ago now and seeing its benefits has made me all the more interested in learning about what we should be putting in our bodies for the most beneficial results. Going low carb I lost weight and dropped dress sizes and have been able to maintain the loss and the new dress size! I no longer get on the scale or take body measurements I try to stick to what I know works; minimal carbs, protein and healthy fats.

Simon and Molly went 'down the gym' so I stuck to my own body weight exercises and then joined them for a few exercises...
Tricep pulldowns in our glamorous gym!
...I even got roped into throwing a few punches karate style under Molly's instruction!!


Don't think I'll make a boxer anytime soon...and definitely not against Molly as she can really throw a punch!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment